Tuesday, May 1, 2018

TCP Tuesday Challenge #346 Die Cutting!


My friend Bobby has crowned me "Queen of Die Cuts" and I wear my crown proudly, believe me!!!  So you can imagine how quickly I jumped onto this assignment!  lol

Don't ask me where April went ... it will not be missed by me, that is for sure!  it really felt more like February around here!   in fact, it almost drove me to drink:

 
OH I love these Wine & Martini dies!  Who says a girl can't turn one into a Margarita glass?
Here's a little close-up ... can you guess how
I created my 'frosty' glasses?
 

Okay... since Bobby asked so sweetly... I first cut them from 80# Neenah Solar White paper, and Copic colored in my favorite margarita flavors.   I then topped each with a layer of vellum that was also cut with the die!  That vellum gives them that frosty look ... but it looks like I forgot the salt!  Off to add it... but first, I must invite you to play along!  Such a generous prize up for grabs, people!  Hope to see you in the TCP Tuesday gallery!

=]  Michele

Other Supplies:  TCP Flower Buttons CutUps, and 'Tini Time stamps - you do know this is the FREE w/purchase set, right?

17 comments:

Cat Craig said...

So darned cute...love those frosty chilled beverages.

Lisa Elton said...

Yep, I knew it was vellum! After all, you do have a close relationship with it ;) This is delightful and might convince me to drink one with those sweet little flowers!

conil said...

You've done it again. Jaw droppingly clever. Using vellum to frost glasses is pure, unadulterated genius.

Marge said...

You are a queen of diecuts indeed. Such a pretty card, Michele. I don't remember what I did in April. Just shocked that it's already May. Hope spring comes to you soon, my friend!
Marge

Donna said...

These are just the perfect thing for a warm and sunny day... which allegedly we will be getting a whole week and a bit of starting at the end of this week. Allegedly being the operative word right now!
Very pretty design, Michele.
X

Jeanne said...

Delicious, Michele! I actually had a margarita, my first drink in years, over the weekend. My glass was not nearly as delightful as these. Thanks for sharing how you created them. Queen of Dies, Cards, Cleverness...you wear many crowns and tiaras! I bow to your Queenness! Hugs!:)

Bobby said...

I thought maybe it was DOXs because they give a chalky look when watercolored. These are so colorful with their little decorated straws, Michele. I'd share one with you anytime.

Barb Ghig said...

Bobby is so right about you...you are definitely the "Queen of Die Cuts" :) This is such a delightful card, Michele! I love how you added vellum to get that frosty feel for your drinks and your color combo (or should I say flavor combo) is perfect for a few yummy Margarita's! You have inspired us for sure, my friend...I love this sweet card!

Sharron said...

Who could refuse something so frosty and cute! The vellum works great and I adore the sweet flowers and straws!

Birgit said...

Absolutely brilliant Michele! Frosty glasses and all, you are the queen of clever. Love the sweet tropical blooms too!

Anita in France said...

Cute and rather mouth watering, Michele ... clinking with you from far away! Hugs, Anita :)

Ivana Camdzic said...

These are just TOO sweet! Love the 'frosty glass' tip - so clever! And the colors!! I'm immediately transported to long Summer nights on the porch..Can't come soon enough!

Karren said...

So perfectly summery! As we head into winter over here, I'm all about feeling warm!

Tracey McNeely said...

Date for margaritas??

lostinpaper said...

Double YES!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh the frosty glass t ick is fabulous! Cheers to you for creating such a fun and fab card!

Linda Callahan said...

And that word should be trick..... or tick.....lol....