Friday, October 28, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches - #260

I was so happy to have a few hours with a crafty friend this week ... you know her, right?  Bobby of Bits & Pieces?  She is so much fun to hang out with - and MAN can she make a pie!!!

Bobby surprised me with a first try of Brushos this time - I loved how she'd used embossing paste, so gave that a go.  I trimmed it up, and added a few little embellishments, and bingo:  I had unintentionally created a card perfect for Kim's sketch #260 at Freshly Made Sketches - don't you LOve when that happens?
 
 

Bobby always has so many fun new goodies for me to play with ... I brought a few of my new sets, then we play for hours, and it feels like we got double the bang for our bucks!

I had just received the darling Holiday Houses, and Be Merry sentiments from #Wplus9 ... and Bobby had some of that cool puffy paint for snow ... this is what became of that little collaboration:

 
I could be wrong ... but I think this is John Mellencamp's neighborhood.  pa dum dum ...

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

=]

P.S. Thank you Bobby ... and thank you to Melissa Bickford @justdandystudio for those fabulous little pink snowballs!

15 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Looks like you had a blast, Oh my, Michele, that sweet little house scene is uber cute, all those layers would have me running lol.

Lisa Elton said...

The background on your first card is so cool!! And look at you strutting some shabby chic stuff onto your little ol blog with those pink houses , pompoms and pretty layers!! I'll take the light pink house in the middle. The front windows are long and low so Sweet P can look out of them!!

~amy~ said...

How beautiful!!!

TK said...

Very Interesting - use of Brushos on paste - must tell how... I'm with the uber cuteness of those pink houses and pompoms!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous brusho background, Michele ... and such delicious autumnal accents around that lovely big sentiment! Oh my, your sweet pink confection ... it's just so pretty ... and looks as though I could just gobble it all up (sugary snow, chocolate roofs, pink marshmallows, spun sugar background ... you get the drift!). Alternatively, I could live there and just take a lick every so often! You and Bobby sure had fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne said...

Fantastic cards, Michele! I am so happy for you and your friend to be able to get together and play! Looks like you had a fabulous time. Your cards are beautiful. I adore that first card. Love the fall colors. Those brushos look to be a bit fun (and maybe a bit messy). But the way they combine in colors is neat. Just adore the warm and cozy feel of this card. Your wintery one is also terrific. Really like the pinks to evoke a cooler feel. The background on that card is so fun with the bitty die cut circles. Wow on both! Guess you can tell I could go on and on on both. Hee, hee! Have a great day! Hugs! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

These cards are just fab! So fun getting to play cards with friends and use some of their cool stuff!!

Bobby said...

It's great to see the bits and pieces (no, I'm not name-dropping my blog) come together into such fabulous cards, Michele. It was a fun and productive day that we need to do again sooner than later.

Cat Craig said...

It's always fun to craft with friends. Sometimes the smaller the group the more fun you have.

Barb Ghig said...

Brushos, Puffy Paint and a nod to John Mellencamp? Sounds like you girls had a really fun day! I love how you added those fabulous autumn goodies to your sentiment on the first card, and the dimension on your 2nd card is amazing, Michele! Two really stunning cards, my friend!!!

Jeanne H said...

Oh yes! Your fall card with the vibrant colors is just wonderful.

Marybeth said...

Yes, I know Bobby and I am sure you both had so much fun! Your cards are beautiful! Wow on that first one and I love the new wp9 stamps you have!

Karren said...

Oh these are fabulous and your take on the FMS sketch is so clever!

Kim S said...

LOVE how you used the Brushos. Brilliant pops of color in the houndstooth pattern! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

TaeEun said...

Looks like you two had fun together! Brusho mixed with embossing paste? It is a new-to-me technique, should give it a try! They look both fabulous! Love the snowy scene of the second card! So sweet!