Thursday, October 27, 2016

CAS[E] this Sketch for a Cause!

We are creating for a very good cause this week for CAS[E] this Sketch #196 ... here is the Sketch - another wonder from Sam Simpson:

 
We're joining Karen Howard, of Feline Creative, with:
Cards for a Cause! 
Run by to see how you can help, won't you?
 
Here is the card I've created, and will send to Karen:
 
 
You'll forgive me if my card is a little solemn.
Tom and I had two cats, litter-mates, who were with us for 17-18 years.  They both had feline diabetes from age 2 and 4... yes, that does mean insulin shots, and lots of emergency trips to the Veterinary Hospital, a strict diet, and no leaving them on their own.   Yes.  We gave up 18 years of vacations for those guys.  I often said they were the luckiest cats in the world because they had 'pet parents' who didn't give up on them.  So supporting this cause has special meaning for me ... thanks, Karen, and your chosen cause.
 
Now I cannot leave you on a sad note!!!  So here is a totally fun card using our Sketch:
 
 
However ... read the fine print at Karen's blog if you choose to send a card ... no wild animals allowed for the cause!  But I am WILD about this elephant!!!  [thanks Barb!]
 
We hope to see a whole menagerie in the gallery this week!!!
 
=]  Michele
 
 
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

Viv said...

Two beautiful cards here Michelle....your cats were very lucky too I agree....such devotion! ;) Viv xx

Cat Craig said...

Love both cards Michele...and I understand the cat thing. You are amazing and wonderful.

LeAnne said...

Aw, you were such a good kitty mama! And what a cute kitty card! And elephant card! I'll have to go check out that cause!

donna mikasa said...

OH, I love both cards! That ellie is having too much fun and I love the unique way you used the speech bubble!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!!

lostinpaper said...

They were so lucky to have you, we always say that any cat who lives with us is 'living the dream' but maybe you take the cake lol. We've recently rescued a cat and currently having a fun time settling her in with our 4 yo girl, fingers crossed. Anyway great cards and that elephant has been on my list for a while now... I may have to succumb.

Lisa Elton said...

I know your heart so I KNOW just what a good cat mama you were. Your card is darling and what a sweet kitty! That elephant and your plaid speech bubble are too much fun, CUTE card!!

Barb Ghig said...

You are so very welcome, my friend! I knew you would create a really fabulous card, and of course, you did! I love how you played with the sketch, and your plaid papers really make Mr. Ellie pop...so fun :)
I also love your first card, Michele! The subtle pattern on your kitty is so cool, and the sentiment is perfect for this great cause! I also love how you have him perched on the mini fringe die cut ~ Perfection!
It's an understatement that your cats were really lucky to have you...that's a LOT of years to sacrifice vacays...WOW!!!

TK said...

ADORABLY cute, Michele! Love that little (big) guy, and also how you turned that sentiment bubble upside down, then put your sentiment outside of it -- genius!

~amy~ said...

Love them BOTH.

Jeanne said...

Two fantastic cards. Oh that first one and the story behind it really touched my heart. Thank you for your devotion to your special furbabies! Lucky indeed, but I suspect it worked both ways. :) And your elephant card! Thanks for including it. I adore that elephant and that plaid hill. Just makes me grin! Thanks for that! Happy Friday! Hugs! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Totally adorable cards! And Yep we have skipped more than one trip as well because of our dogs!

Bobby said...

I never thought to use a speech bubble upside down like that. That elephant card is so cute.

Michelle said...

I love both your cards, Michele. The punny sentiment on your cat card makes me smile. I love your story about your cats. You and Tom are very special people. xxx

Anita in France said...

Your little cat card is sweet and subtle, Michele (so not sombre, it's too cute!) ... and what an amazing story of care and dedication from you and Tom to go with it! Delightful ellie wandering across his plaid savannah ... so adorable! Hugs, mon amie, Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet takes on the sketch!

Jen W. said...

Michele, these critter cards put the biggest smile on my face! Love that MFT kitty and that elephant sitting on the plaid speech bubble is brilliant! :D

Jen Mitchell said...

Bless you and your husband for being such fantastic pet parents. Our little animals wrap themselves around our fingers and we become hooked. In the end they bring us happiness and joy and that's what it is all about. I can really appreciate the sentiment here because one of my kitties wakes me up every morning kneading me. Some days it's like getting a little kitty massage!