Monday, September 14, 2015

The Challenge #42 - Our Color Challenge

Some of you now know that I'm a bit confused by colors, on occasion?  But I'm happy [beyond happy really] that this is NOT one of those occasions ... in fact, you'll find 'seconds' have been served again!

Here is the inspiration and colors for The Challenge 42:


I've dug into some older papers from American Crafts called Abode for this first card, and paired them with three lovely new white scribbled flowers from Barb Ghigliotty - what a sweet and generous friend she is! 

You'll also notice from the graphic the dark chocolate print - therefore I've used a bit of brown cardstock, and selectively cut a few E.H. flowers and leaves from one of the Abode papers, all arranged atop an embossed panel:


With that, I think I have all the necessary colors accounted for!! 

Now for that second helping I promised:

Echo Park provided this darling little print - I've been holding it for just the right card - which does the trick perfectly here:

 
This time I've left out all the flowers and gone a bit more graphic but with the same wonderful colors - and kraft as my neutral, and a sweet little red HOME from Sugar Pea Designs. 
 
I'm surrounded by stunning cards from my team mates - run over to The Challenge to see them ... and OH why not add your card to the gallery today?
 
=] Michele

22 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are perfectly splendid!! I like your scribbly flowers and that home die is cute!!

~amy~ said...

Nice work with the colors!

Lynn said...

Oh I love these...the colors are fabulous. Especially love those loopy flowers!

Nora Noll said...

Perfection!! I love the first card with the fabulous flowers and leaves. The second utilizing the patterned paper in the background with that great sentiment is adorable. I love your thinking!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Lovely cards, Michele! The scribble dies are amazing and the card is so delicate! The home sentiment great for the patterned background.

Happy Dance said...

Fantastic my friend. Two great cards. Flowers on a subtle background and sweet cars with a great die cut. You've outdone yourself with these sweet cards. More please! Bev

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Yikes squealing with excitement and happiness at your cards Michele! You have rocked this colour combo! Love the floral dies they are exquisite and how smart finding the perfect design paper too. Fabulous cards. Thanks for all the sweet comments you leave me and sorry I don't always get time to return them as often as I'd like xx

Anita in France said...

Swwoning at your scribbled blooms, Michele ... one of my fave sets of the moment ... and you've showcased them sooooo beautifully with this stunning colour palette! Sweet little DP card ... that 'home' with the little house in it is fantastic! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne J. said...

Nope! No color challenged her! ove thoes layered flowers and the striped embossed background!

lostinpaper said...

LOVE them both Michele, you have really embraced these gorgeous colours and created such beautiful designs!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with this color combo, Michele! Your scribble flowers and leaves add so much fun to the design on the first card, and I love your embossed panel! Your 2nd card is so sweet, too...What a great idea to pair this cute pattern with your die cut sentiment!
I'm so glad you are enjoying your goodies...so am I :)

Lori said...

Great designs! Love the layered scribble flowers on the first one and the perfect pairing of patterned paper and die cut on the second.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Totally darling cards Michele!!!!

Taunya Butler said...

I am dazzled and delighted with the way you have used the colors in the inspiration!! What a beautiful photo and gorgeous colors to play with!! Both of your cards strike a clever balance where all the colors have a chance to shine!!! So super well done!

Susi said...

Love those cards - especially the HOME card. Love how you let the DP shine and that repeat sentiment "Home is Wherever I'm With You" is bang on!

Jenni's Jems said...

Cute new home card but it has to be the scribbled flowers for me and love how you used DP on them too...mmm maybe I should invest in some DP after all..... :)xx

Tracey McNeely said...

How fun to combine the Scribbled circles with the EH scribble flowers! Fantastic card. That home die is also super cute!

Marybeth said...

Love this combo of dies and colors ! Both cards make me happy and the first one is a match made in heaven, nicely done !

Lesley said...

Wow! You aced it! Both cards are fabulous but that first card is awesome! I need that die!!! You are such an enabler!!! xo

Cat Craig said...

Both hit the colors perfectly Michele.

Nance said...

These are both so awesome but I really loooove the flowers! Fabulous!

cm said...

Often are the times I stare, in wonder and daze, at my scribbly circles, completely babbled as to how to use them. Now, I need look no further! Smitten with your scribbly flowers; this card is heading immediately to my Evernote "cards I love' file! Be warned: casing to happen! Card two: only totally fabulous! The home die paired with the cars/trailers/RVs...oh my!
Hugs~c