Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Second helpings

Oh I love a challenge that just keeps me wanting seconds, and thirds... the newest challenge by Virginia's View has done just that.

I used a little rectangle of my newest Recollections foil 12x12 I bought at M's.  Here I'm using a second one purchased the same day.  For Virginia's View Challenge #9:

 
The foil paper looks like Jack Frost himself designed it... the combination of metals is accomplished using Ranger Fine Gold EP, and little PTI sentiment, and the dots embossed on the card base.  I was amazed how beautifully the foil took the Versa Mark for embossing... slippery though, use a gentle touch with your stamp!  Those gorgeous [truly] metal snowflakes, by Momenta, are a few I've had for years in a pack of twelve... definitely only for hand-delivered cards.
 
Sorry about the enabling, Virginia! =]
 
On a side-note, I had a delightful chat with Bev this morning... sharing a little something I created after seeing it in the Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking - Holiday Cards & more Volume 9 - I won it on Moxie Fab World!! Way in the back are very cool things to make to display ones cards.  I really wish they had given credit to the designers as I'd love to give them creative due. Here is my take on just one - so you all know, the book was The Agony and the Ecstasy - all ecstasy for me:
 
I love it!! working on a second one as I chatted with Bev... thanks for the early birthday call, Bev!
 


10 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your card and those metal snowflakes....what a neat idea...love what you've done with the book!

Happy Dance said...

I'm thinking we need to chat at least once a week! You are just the sweetest thing, and rather funny, I might add! Love this idea; will definitely be doing the same this year! Space saving and upcycling. LOVE it! Chat at you later babe! Bev

Virginia L. said...

SWOON!! I am loving your shiny creations lately...this is no exception! And thank you VERY much for enabling me more at Michael's! The foil paper looks AH-mazing! It's so fine and detailed....must make a trip there ASAP. So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Exquisite! We can walk to Michaels on Saturday to find this paper!!

I Card Everyone said...

Always a great sacrifice, but will make it this one more time...something tells me we aren't going to get much crafting in...
=] Michele

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card Michele!! And thanks for sharing the book display idea!!

Deepti said...

Ah! your card is soooooooooo perfectly metallic and elegant, Book display is cool, I remember doing this as a child :)

Anita in France said...

Stunning, Michele ... and that says it all ... just stunning! Great idea for displaying! Have a fabulous pre-birthday, birthday or post-birthday weekend!! Anita :)

Marybeth said...

Love that foil paper and your metal snowflakes. The book is amazing and so are the trees in the backyard :) I am sure it is always fun to chat with Bev.
So you live near Tracey ?

Marybeth said...

Never mind I see it was a 7 hr. drive?